Since starting this blog a little over 7 months ago, our gains have been small but important milestones on our path to financial freedom. They’ve impacted us greatly, however, since without these changes, we can’t move as quickly to eliminate our debts.
Here are some of the things we’ve done since May that have helped us live more and feel in debt less:
- we’ve sold some unnecessary belongings and clutter (dollars paying down debt)
- what we didn’t sell, we donated (brought peace and calm to our mind and space)
- we’ve put in writing, the goals we each have individually, as a couple, and as a family (identifying these things puts money spent into perspective: if it doesn’t meet a basic human need, or doesn’t fulfill one of these requirements, the money doesn’t get spent.
- we’ve eliminated our “latte factor”
- we now meal plan more carefully and stay within our budget
Even though we are ending our 2013 with more debt (what!? Yep, that’s the truth, and I’ll explain in tomorrows New Year’s Day post….) we still feel great about the position we’re in, the year ahead, and the life we are living.
Cheers to a fantastic 2014!